Director of Photography, Cinematographer Lighting Cameraman & Camera Operator who has a track record of delivering the best results no matter what the budget, schedule or the amount of crew. Anna enjoys working with the Director and Producers to turn the productions vision into a reality.
- Project Planning
- Shot lists
- Lighting Plans
- Kit and Crew Arranging
- Location Recceing
- Working with sun/weather
- 2nd Unit
DOP on Feature Film Ambleton Delight which won 3 awards including Best Feature Film at The British Independent Film Festival & Best UK Feature at The End of the Pier International Film Festival. Shot in 10 days on a budget of £5000.
Camera Operating for DOP Sue Gibson BSC on feature film 31 North 62 East whilst Sue was the President of the British Society of Cinematographers.
Mentored in Cinematography for a year by DOP Henry Braham BSC on the film The Golden Compass allowed Anna to understand how to work with production designers and colourists to get the highest standard of production.
Invited onto the Judging Panel Guild of Television Cameramen Awards of Excellence 2015 & University Awards 2013 – 2015.
Freelance Director of Photography & Camera Operator 2006 - Current
Operating cameras and grip equipment in single and multi-camera setups.
Freelance & Employed Lecturer/Teacher 2006 – Current
Specialising in teaching Camera & Lighting.
Freelance Focus Puller 2004 – 2006
Pulling focus on moving shots including steadicam, jimmi-jib & motion control.
Freelance Clapper Loader 2002 - 2004
Loading film into film magazines and slating with a clapperboard.
Selected DOP Credits
- Short Film: The Woods Dir: Alex Browning, Fast Shadow Productions 2014
- Short Film: Out of Darkness Dir: Amy Coop, Angelic Films, 2013
- Music Video: Duck Hunt Inner City Pirates, Dir: Bahar Cancar, Subbubble Studios, 2010
- Short Film: The View* Dir: Neil Neenan, 2009
- Live Album: Operahouse Dir: Sian Fever, JJStereo, 2008
- Advert: Lush Facial Spa Dir: Henry Dalton, TDF Films Ltd, 2008
- Feature Length Documentary: Welcome Aboard Toxic Airlines** Dir: Tristan Loraine, Fact Not Fiction Films, 2007
- Documentary: Hayley Westenra Tour Northern Ireland Dir: Tristan Loraine, Fact Not Fiction Films, 2008 Credited as Cinematographer
- Music Video: Tinchy Stryder Breathe Dir: Marian Mikhail, Platinum Studios 2007
- Music Video: Frisco Time is Right Dir: Marian Mikhail, Platinum Studios 2007
* Won the award for "Best Director of Photography" at The End of the Pier International Film Festival ** Cinematic Release UK
Selected Camera Operator Credits
- Live Event: Lotus Cup @ Silverstone Cam Sup: Neil Neenan, LCUK, 2015
- Live Event: Rock Choir Cam Sup: Karl Stevens, Mountcast Productions, 2015
- Live Music: Stevie Hoang JJ Stereo, 2010
- Live Music Imogen Heap 2010
- Live Music La Roux Dir: Paul Caslin, JJ Stereo, 2009
- Live Music Paloma Faith Dir: Sian Fever, JJ Stereo, 2009
- Live Music: La Boheme Dir: Suzanne Gielgud, Gielgud Films, 2011
4K, HD & Film Cameras
Qualifications & Education
- Advanced Studio Camera Course, BBC Wood Norton 2014
- Steadicam Bronze Course, Tiffen International 2011
- WFTV "Technical Change Scheme" Mentored by Henry Braham BSC 2006 - 2007
- 2:1 BA (Hons) Film & Video Production Surrey Institute of Art & Design 1999-2002
"Anna worked will under the pressure from stepping in a replacing our existing DOP, due to ill health. She jumped straight in and demonstrated her ability and professionalism, during what at times was a very fraught shoot. I look forward to staying in touch with Anna, and working with her again." --Will Wright 2014